You will submit four Discussion Boards in this class. Please post a thread of 400-500 words with at least four citations by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday of the assigned module/week. Please use APA formatting for all citations.
Scenario – Ahi Corporation is one of your clients in Hawaii. The company had a good year last year and owes the IRS $100,000,000, due on March 15. There are no penalties or interest due to the IRS. One of Ahi’s employees approaches you with the following plan to benefit from the so- called “ float” on the large payment due to the government. First, Ahi Corp. will courier its tax return and payment to the U.S. Virgin Islands. There, the tax return will be mailed to the IRS Service Center in Fresno by certified mail on the return’s due date, March 15. By doing this, the employee thinks it will take at least six days for the tax return to reach the IRS and for them to cash the $100,000,000 check. Ahi can earn 7 percent after tax on its money, so the interest earned during these six days because of the float is $19,178 per day [($100,000,000 × .07/ 365 days]. Thus, the total interest earned on the float for six days would be $115,068 ($19,178 × 6 days).
1. Would you recommend Ahi complete this transaction?
2. What potential ethics issues do you see in this situation?
3. Which AICPA Code(s) of Professional Conduct rules apply in this situation (explain how and why they apply)?
4. Which Statement(s) on Standards for Tax Services apply in this situation (explain how and why they apply)?
5. Cite the specific verse(s) for at least one Biblical principle that you feel is relevant to the situation (explain how and why it applies).
The textbook that I’m using is Federal Tax Research • 9TH 12.
Author(s)Raabe, William A. / Whittenburg, Gerald E. / Sanders, Debra L.
PublisherSouth-Western Publishing Co.
Chapter 3 & 4
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.