This paper is for auditing class, should be write by an accounting or auditing major writer. This paper should be in MLA form, Times New Roman, 12 font size, double space. It should include the answers of the seven questions in the case study paper I upload. No bullets or other sign allowed (expect the bibliography). Summarizes a title for each questions (not to type the whole question, but summarizes in few words). Every new paragraph should starts without space in front. No blank paragraph should appear between two paragraph. The 19th page should complete at least 3/4 space of the page.
I am require for the free features: the title page, bibliography, outline.
1. Identify the key variables that influenced the level of inherent risk Arthur Andersen faced during the 1971 and 1972 audits of Mattel.
2. The SEC noted six reasons why the bill and hold sales recorded by Mattel did not qualify as consummated sales transactions. Identify and discuss the general conditions for recognizing revenue from sales transactions. Also, identify circumstances in which revenues may be recognized on sales transactions even though one or more of these conditions are not met.
3. Identify and discuss the principal audit objectives associated with the performance of year-end sales cutoff tests. In general, is it appropriate to perform these tests at an interim date? Why or why not?
4. SAS No. 31, “Evidential Matter,” identifies five key management assertions that underlie a set of financial statements. Identify the management assertions that would have been of primary concern to Arthur Andersen regarding the following items: the reserve for inventory obsolescence, royalty expense, and the receivable recorded by Mattel for the business interruption insurance claim. Why is it important for an
auditor to identify the underlying management assertions for each major account of a client? (Compare to new standards)
5. In at least two instances, key issues raised during the review of Mattel’s work-papers by Arthur Andersen personnel were not resolved satisfactorily prior to the completion of the audit. Which member of the audit engagement team has the primary responsibility to ensure that such issues are properly resolved and documented in the audit workpapers? Defend your answer.
6. Assume that Arthur Andersen had compared Mattel’s monthly sales during the early 1970s with the comparable monthly sales figures of prior years. What additional audit procedures should Arthur Andersen have performed once it discovered the extreme volatility in these monthly sales figures?
7. Arthur Andersen proposed a $2 million adjusting entry to the deferred tooling costs account during its 1971 audit of Mattel. However, Mattel adjusted the balance of that account by only $1.4 million. Identify the conditions under which Arthur Andersen would have been justified in accepting this smaller adjusting entry.
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more