The abstract is a summary of the final D/P. It should be 350-500 words long and typed in the same format as the D/P itself, though numbered separately. It should not appear in the table of contents.
The purpose of the abstract is to assist those wishing to read the D/P; from the abstract, any potential reader should be able to decide whether or not the entire D/P is relevant to his or her area of interest. Therefore the abstract should contain the purpose, the scope and method of study, and a brief report of the conclusions and implications of the project.
The first page of the abstract should include your name, the date, and your advisor’s name in the upper right-hand corner. It should also give the complete title of the D/P and an indication that this is the abstract.
POLICY STATEMENT ON THE USE OF INCLUSIVE LANGUAGE
Center for Women and Religion, Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley, CA.
The basic assumptions of our statement are:
1. Language is basic to learning; it shapes our impressions of reality.
2. Language informs our attitudinal stereotypes and subtly influences people into roles.
3. Language can be a creative, liberating force or an aggressive force. It is an expression of shared assumptions and a major factor in all liberation struggles.
4. Both women and men suffer from the use of male-oriented language, which forces personalities into culturally approved roles, limiting free decisions.
5. Our use of male-dominated language, images, and forms denies the feminine-masculine duality in each of us.
There are some basic theological presuppositions that need affirmation in the light of the assumptions listed above.
1. God is not a male person (SUPER superman).
2. Terminology about God, particularly in worship, which uses exclusively masculine words (He, Him, His, Father, Lord, etc.) distorts our concepts of a deity in whose image both females and males are created.
3. All persons share equally in God’s plan for humanity.
4. Jesus recognized women as valuable persons, even to the point of violating the social mores of his time (e.g. by conversing with women in public).
5. The Church, as the Body of Christ, is a liberating and creative force enabling persons to transcend the boundaries of language and society in being faithful to the Word (Gospel) of love.
6. The historical periods described in the Bible, as well as the times in which the Scriptures were written, compiled and translated, were all in patriarchal social settings. Thus, images of male/female roles described therein are colored by the cultural understandings of those times and need not be literally interpreted for our changed cultural situation. The truths of the faith are denied by sex-role stereotypes. They can be conveyed more clearly without the male-dominant, female-submissive images of a given historical period.
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more