Ecotourism Product Analysis Part B: Evaluation Report
Individual assessment item: The report is to be completed individually.
A report: 1200words (the detail see the power point)
The following information must be included:
1. Analyse the features of the venture that classify it as ecotourism. In this section you should be critical and assess areas that meet the criteria and those that do not. You should also describe any particular areas in which the operation seems to be lacking.
2. Describe and assess the management practices and quality control measures that the operator has implemented to minimise negative impacts and ensure that the venture is sustainable. The content of this section will depend upon the individual product you have chosen to study and it will be up to you to decide what material is relevant to answer the question. To do this, you will need to access material in a number of ways, including contacting the operator, examining their promotional literature or website, visiting the site or undertaking a tour, looking at the type of organisations it belongs to, and so on.
3. Describe two other stakeholders who have or may have an interest in the area in which this venture operates. Explain the nature of their relationship. For example, it may be farmer, recreational or conservation groups, or other tourism operators, and the relationship may be one of conflict or cooperation.
4. Provide recommendations that would improve the operation of the chosen venture with respect to sustainability and the principles of ecotourism.
Remember, throughout your project you need to justify your analysis by reference to academic literature.
You may wish to include supporting information as appendices at the end of the report. Note that appendix material is not included in the word length.
The paper is required to be a in a report format with the following sections:
• A title page, which includes your name, student number, title of the paper, date, course name and course convenor’s name.
• An executive summary, which is a ‘stand-alone’ document that states the purposes of the report and provides the main conclusions and recommendations of the report. The executive summary is not included in the word length but should be a maximum of one page single-line spacing.
• A table of contents.
• An introduction, body and conclusions.
• A list of references (the reference list is not included in the word length).
Part B Report Marking Guide 3119HSL
Please tick this box if you want feedback from the marker: ?
Note: the feedback using ticks and crosses in the low, average and high achievement categories does not directly or quantitatively relate to the mark for each aspect.
Presentation and Report Criteria Low Ave High Mark
1.0 Analysis and understanding (50%)
Critical assessment of ecotourism features showing understanding of the key ecotourism criteria (identify features that are lacking)
Application of theory to practice – understanding of the issues of sustainable management
Application of theory to practice showing understanding of the issues of quality control
Demonstrated ability to identify issues relating to ecotourism
Demonstrated ability to identify relevant stakeholders
Sound recommendations based on relevant theories and concepts
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more