History of disability (focusing on sexuality)
Instructions: — TOPIC — Describe society’s perception of people with physical impairments (disabilities). – What do we know from the literature about people with physical impairment (disability) and specifically their sexuality in the context of social history.
– I would like the literature surveyed for any available data prior to 1970 and then to see a summary of the development in thought though the 1970’s, 1980’s and onwards including the contribution of significant figures (e.g. Harlan Harn, Mitchell Tepper, Tom Shakespeare, and Carol Thomas).
– I suspect that prior to 1970 all you’ll find is references to forced sterilisation, asexuality and exclusion from social citizenship and normal social relationships. One could potentially draw on the experience of women in seeking equal rights and the American civil rights process.
– I would expect the paper to include:
(a) The physically impaired person as other (you’ll need to develop a brief history of other-ness).
(c) Denial of reproductive rights (e.g. sterilisation and abortion)
(d) Rape in institutions (denial of the right to consent)
(e) Perception of Asexuality of impaired people
– I’m looking for a tightly written overview of the history of society and impaired people (with a focus by way of example on sexuality).
– I do not require an introduction or conclusion since this particular piece of research will form part of a larger literature review – thank you!
– Please contact me with an outline (dot points) of how you intend to approach this topic and the approximate number of words you’d allocate to each section. I am happy to answer any questions and to clarify my topic.
– Please contact me to discuss sources if you ****l that would be helpful
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more