BUSINESS RESEARCH METHODS INDEPENDENT RESEARCH PAPER PROPOSAL
MSc INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
As discussed in the Business Research Methods course, you should submit your Independent Research Paper (IRP) proposal before its deadline.
The main purposes of getting you to write a proposal are: (a) to get you to think about and to start planning your IRP; and (b) to enable the School of Management to allocate you an appropriate supervisor. The allocation will be made by Dr Derrick Chong, director of the MSc International Management, based on the available faculty members.
Your proposal should include:
1. The title of your IRP WHAT you plan to research;
2. The subject area of which your IRP is a part (see list of subject areas below);
3. An outline of the method or methods you plan to use to research your IRP ?C HOW you plan undertake your research for example where will you get your data from;
4. A timetable of the various stages of your research and writing ?C WHEN;
5. A brief overview of some of the key literature relevant to your topic of research.
In total the proposal should not exceed 1,200 words. No marks are awarded for the proposal BUT submission is compulsory.
Some comments on the five sections above.
1. Make sure that your topic is researchable by you in the limited time available. The wider, the less focused, a topic is the more difficult and time consuming it will be for you.
2. See list of IRP subjects below.
3. Think about and describe the research method(s) you plan to employ to research your topic (questionnaires, literature synthesis, or whatever).
Describe how you will realistically be able to apply that/those methods, for instance, if you plan to conduct interviews, explain why you are confident that you will get access to the interviewees.
4. Set out (just approximately) when you plan to start your IRP research, to conduct the various stages of analysis, and to write up the final version.
5. Your IRP will have to include a review of relevant literature. At this stage a brief indication is probably only possible, but you should demonstrate that you have searched for some relevant literature. Whatever your IRP topic you will not have been the first person to consider researching it ?C so relevant literature will be available. A good source is accessing the Management databases via the Library portal; in addition, the proposed IRP topic may have appeared on the MSc International Management programme.
IRP Subject Areas
* Business Economics
* Corporate Social Responsibility
* Human Resources Management
* Information Systems
* Operations Management
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more