Journal Entry Objectives about the novel (The memory keeper’s daughter):
1 page per entry
1. A good start: Begin your response with your immediate reaction to what you have read. Describe your feelings, likes, dislikes or connections you make with the material. This could include other stories, movies, memories and common experiences you share with the plot and characters.
2. The Next Step: Describe the author’s style of writing. What do you like or dislike about the writing? What can you tell about the author from his/her writing? What would you change to improve the writing? You can discuss whether you think the characters and/or plots are realistic. Is it meant to be realistic? Support with examples.
3. Deepen Your Discussion: Select an issue or theme the author has presented in the novel and discuss the issue. You can take this into many directions. For example you can discuss what YOU think about the issue or discuss how the author presents this issue. Does the author show bias in his/her writing? What realities does the author attempt to make? How true are his/her views?
4. Select an Excerpt from the Novel: Select and refer to a passage from your novel and discuss it thoroughly. Is the passage problematic? For whom? Explain. Is there a bias that promotes stereotyping, sexism, racism, etc.? How are you affected by this passage? Be specific. Give examples. Make connections. Offer solution – ways of improving the situation, ways of making changes – for you, for society.
5. In closing: End your response with closure to your thoughts. Sum up your feelings and anticipate where your novel will take you as you continue reading.
Side note: use simple and basic words and good vocabulary too that is reasonable by a grade 12 high school student.
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more