- Develop a PowerPoint presentation on the health assessment of a movie character by doing the following:
- Choose a movie from the following list and identify a character from the movie on which you would like to do a health assessment. If you wish to use a character from a movie not included on the following list, get the approval of the instructor to use that character.
- Away From Her
- Lorenzo’s Oil
- My Sister’s Keeper
- Rain Man
- Steel Magnolias
- Step Mom
- The Elephant Man
- The Mighty
- The Tic Code
3) Create a PowerPoint presentation of 10-12 slides using the template “Movie Character Presentation,” located within the Additional Resources folder in Canyon Connect.
- Provide an introduction and background overview of the movie character (client).
- Assess the client using “Functional Health Pattern Assessment,” located in the Additional Resource folder in Canyon Connect.
- Based on your “observations” and thoughts, document your assessment, providing examples from the movie.
- Describe any observed or potential cultural, geographic, religious, ethnic, or spiritual considerations of this client.
- Describe two normal health patterns of the client as well as two abnormal health patterns that you observe and provide examples.
- Develop an appropriate nursing diagnosis for the client based on your assessment.
- Identify and describe three interventions for the client: health promotion, health prevention, and maintenance.
- Identify at least two possible resources or community services to which you would refer this client and provide rationale for your choices.
4) While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. This assignment uses a grading rubric that can be viewed at the assignment’s drop box. Review the rubric for expectations of the assignment.