Impact of early parenteral nutrition completing enteral nutrition in adult critically ill patients / Analysis and Implications for Practice of Quantitative Research Report
Analysis and Implications for Practice of Quantitative Research Report i) Prepare a written analysis of a quantitative research report to determine the validity of a study, so that the value of the study findings in nursing practice can be evaluated. The following guidelines should be used when critiquing quantitative studies.
1) In what way(s) is the problem the study was conducted to resolve an important one for nursing to explore?
1) In what way(s) is the purpose of the study significant to nursing? Research Question(s)
1) What is the main research question?
2) If it is not stated, what would you say the research question is?
3) If there is more than one research question, state all the questions. Hypothesis/Hypotheses
1) What is the study hypothesis?
2) If it is not stated, what would you say the hypothesis is?
3) If there is more than one study hypothesis, state all the hypotheses.
1) What are the independent and dependent study variables? Conceptual Model\Theoretical Framework 1) In what way(s) is a conceptual model or theoretical framework used to guide this study?
Review of Related Literature
1) In what way(s) does the literature review support the need for this study? Study Design 1) Name and describe the study design used.
2) In what way(s) is the design used an appropriate one?
3) Name and describe at least two threats to the internal validity of the study design.
4) Name and describe at least two threats to the external validity of the study design.
Sample and Setting
1) In what way(s) is the sample large enough?
2) In what way(s) is the sample representative of the target population?
3) In what way(s) is the setting in which data were collected an appropriate one for this study?
Identification and Control of Extraneous Variables
1) What are the extraneous variables in this study?
2) In what way(s) are appropriate measures used to control for the influence of the extraneous variables?
1) In what way(s) is the support provided for the validity and reliability of the study instruments adequate for their use in this study?
2) In what way(s) were the instruments used appropriate for this study?
Data Collection Methods
1) In what way(s) are the data collection methods appropriate for this study?
2) In what way(s) are the steps taken to protect the rights of subjects adequate?
Data Analysis Procedures
1) In what way(s) are the data analysis procedures appropriate for the type of data collected?
2) In what way(s) are the data analysis procedures appropriate for answering the research question(s) and/or testing the study hypothesis (hypotheses)?
1) What are two major strengths of the scientific merit of this study?
2) What are two major limitations of the scientific merit of this study?
3) To what extent are the study findings valid?
4) To what extent are the study findings practical for use in nursing practice and education?
1) What are the implications for practice (policies, procedures, quality monitors, plans of care evaluation of care)?
2) What are the implications for education (formal and informal, patient/family/community, staff development)?
3) What are the implications for research (replication, extension, research utilization, further study development)? )
The guideline headings need to be used within your paper.
1) The questions should be addressed in narrative sentence form.
2) Use standard essay format in APA style, including an introduction, conclusion, and title page. An abstract is not required. Cite in-text and in the References section. The article is attached. Please follow the guidelines.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more