Quiz (a) each nation performs certain political functions, albeit with recourse to very different structures (these need not be explicitly political – e.g., family, schools.) This week identify and explain the performance of the political socialization and interest articulation functions in your selected country, and describe the structures involved in their performance
QUESTION (A) IN ABOUT 2 pages with citation
We are covering comparative structures.
Comparative Structures LO-8: Conduct a cross system analysis of the legislative and executive functions and the structures that perform them Almond: Chapters 6 and 7
Discussion Board:Seminar Discussion
Guest Website: Accesswww.worldworld.com
Lecture Notes – Week 3
History and Corcyra
1) Why might Thucydides think that past events recur? What is he assuming? Is history patterned, cyclical, linear …? (This question will resurface when we discuss Fukuyama)
2)] What do you think Thucydides was getting across in detailing the complex web of relations that started the hostilities between Corcyra and Corinth? Are there any modern parallels, i.e Afghanistan?
The Debate at Sparta
3) Describe the setting of the debate at Sparta? (1.67)
4) Who are the Athenians speaking at Sparta? How do they justify Athens’ actions? (1.72) What is your reaction to the Athenian argument?(1.75)
5) Compare and contrast the four responses (Corinthians, Athenians, King Archidamus and Ephor Sthenelaidas) to the morally loaded situation under discussion. Of the four speeches, do you find any one especially persuasive?
6) How did the Spartans vote? Is there a connection between this vote and the Athenian decision to support Corcyra?(1.86)
7) What is the cause of the war, according to Thucydides?
8) What happened at Platea and how did Thebes, Athens and Sparta become involved? Are there similarities with Epidamnus?
9) How successful were the Athenians in controlling Platean actions?(2.6)
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more