1) What are the key differences and similarities in these two LAs geodemographic
composition and geographic distribution of their populations?
2) Based on the described patterns, and providing specific examples discuss how:
o a) a private retail company may use this information to develop different
commercial strategies in each of these LAs?
o b) each of the LA?s local government might use this information to improve
public service delivery?
o What other datasets might they want to commission or purchase? What for?
3) Reflect on the wider advantages and limitations of geodemographic analysis in the
context of your study areas
Each report will be assessed against standard criteria for MSc courses in UCL on the
following aspects: Understanding, Originality, Structure, Writing Quality, Referencing, and
Potential Data Sources
– The 2001 Census
o Please register with www.census.ac.uk and then go to:
???? https://casweb.mimas.ac.uk/ or https://infuse.mimas.ac.uk/ to access the
2001 Census data
???? https://edina.ac.uk/ukborders/ to access the boundaries for administrative
regions or small areas in the UK
– Neighbourhood Statistics
– Crime mapping https://maps.met.police.uk/
– London Health Observatory https://www.lho.org.uk
– Economic and Social Data Service https://www.esds.ac.uk/
– The Index of Multiple Deprivation 2010 (for previous versions please dig into these links)
o And the full spreadsheet at
– The government open data initiative data.gov.uk
– The London Data Store
o It contains a wealth of data at small area level. Some examples are shown below
– London well-being scores
– Languages spoken at home in London
– LONDON LSOA and MSOA Atlas
– LSOA Atlas
– click on spreadsheet or
– visualise the maps
– MSOA Atlas
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.