The following guidelines should be used when critiquing qualitative studies.
Introduction and Purpose
1) Include full citation of the article.
2) Was the purpose of the study clearly stated? A clear statement will help you determine if the topic was important, relevant, and of interest to making improvements in patient/nursing outcomes.
Review of the Literature
1) Was relevant background literature reviewed? The literature should include articles that provide background information for the study as well as any previous work that may have been published on the topic of interest.
2) What areas of nursing practice were studied?
1) Qualitative studies have numerous types of designs. The key designs are ethnography, phenomenology, grounded theory, and participatory action research (PAR). Other less common designs include: heuristics, ethnography, hermeneutics, and social interactions.
a) Identify the study design.
b) The research design should be congruent with the beliefs and worldview of the researcher. Are you able to identify the expressed interest of the researcher?
c) The end results should be one that seeks meaning about the topic being examined. Are you able to identify the depth of understanding of the researcher related to exploration of the topic? d) What does the researcher hope to find as a result of the study? What findings emerge from the data?
1) A variety of methods are used by qualitative researchers. What method was used in the study?
a) Participant observation
c) Focus groups
d) Historical data
e) Audio/visual techniques
f) Open-ended questions
1) Was the process for purposeful selection described?
2) Was sampling done until redundancy of the data was reached?
3) Was informed consent obtained?
1) Were there clear and complete descriptors of the event/phenomena being studied?
2) Were the researcher’s assumptions and biases made explicit?
1) Was the data analysis completed using inductive methods?
2) Were the findings consistent with the reflective data?
3) Was the process for transforming data into themes/codes described adequately?
4) Was trustworthiness established?
1) Were the conclusions appropriate given the findings of the study?
2) Do the findings contribute to nursing knowledge?
Prepare a 1000-1250-word written analysis of a qualitative research report to determine the validity of a study, so that the value of the study findings in nursing practice can be evaluated.
(1) The numbers and headings in the guidelines need to be used within your paper.
(2) The questions should be addressed in narrative sentence form.
3) Use standard essay format in APA style, including an introduction, conclusion, and title page. An abstract is not required. Cite in-text and in the References section.
PLEASE USE THE ARTICLE ATTACHED AND FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES ATTACHED. PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHMENT
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more