See attached file if you can not read this. Please give answers of Each of the following Parts:
1. In a poll, respondents were asked whether they had ever been in a car accident. 157 respondents indicated that they had been in a car accident and 117 respondents said that they had not been in a car accident. If one of these respondents is randomly selected, what is the probability of getting someone who has been in a car accident?
2. The data set represents the income levels of the members of a country club. Find the probability that a randomly selected member earns at least $88,000
3. In a certain class of students, there are 12 boys from Wilmette, 3 girls from Kenilworth, 9 girls from Wilmette, 6 boys from Glencoe, 2 boys from Kenilworth and 6 girls from Glencoe. If the teacher calls upon a student to answer a question, what is the probability that the student will be from Kenilworth?
4. Find the probability of correctly answering the first 2 questions on a multiple choice test if random guesses are made and each question has 5 possible answers.
5. Of 1936 people who came into a blood bank to give blood, 200 people had high blood pressure. Estimate the probability that the next person who comes in to give blood will have high blood pressure
The following items will be assessed in particular:
1. Identify the meaning of independent and dependent events.
2. Calculate probabilities and joint probabilities of simple events.
3. Explain the basic logic of probability theory
Solve the following problems showing your work (Measures of Central Tendency)
1. Last year, nine employees of an electronics company retired. Their ages at retirement are listed below. Find the mean retirement age.
2. A store manager kept track of the number of newspapers sold each week over a seven-week period. The results are shown below.
36 30 201 152 278 242 230
Find the median number of newspapers sold.
3. Last year, nine employees of an electronics company retired. Their ages at retirement are listed below.
52 65 67 51 50 64 68 58 56 Find the Mode
4. The amount of time (in hours) that Sam studied for an exam on each of the last five days is given below. Find the mean study time.
2.7 8.2 8.7 2.4 4.6
5. The distances (in miles) driven in the past week by each of a company’s sales representatives are listed below.
45 70 242 268 452 490
Find the median distance driven.
1. To get the best deal on a CD player, Tom called eight appliance stores and asked the cost of a specific model. The prices he was quoted are listed below:
$ 298 $ 125 $ 411 $ 157 $ 231 $ 213 $ 304 $ 272 Find the Standard deviation
2. When investigating times required for drive-through service, the following results (in seconds) were obtained. Find the range, variance, and standard deviation for each of the two samples, then compare the two sets of results.
3. A company had 80 employees whose salaries are summarized in the frequency distribution below. Find the standard deviation. Find the standard deviation of the data summarized in the given frequency distribution.
4. The manager of a bank recorded the amount of time each customer spent waiting in line during peak business hours one Monday. The frequency distribution below summarizes the results. Find the standard deviation.
5. The heights of a group of professional basketball players are summarized in the frequency distribution below. Find the standard deviation.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
1. Your ability to describe the information provided by the Standard Deviation.
2. Your ability to use the Standard Deviation to calculate the percentage of occurrence of a variable either above or below a particular value.
3. Your ability to describe a normal distribution as evidenced by a bell shaped curve.
4. Your ability to prepare a distribution chart from a set of data.
1. 49, 34, and 48 students are selected from the Sophomore, Junior, and Senior classes with 496, 348, and 481 students respectively. Identify which type of sampling is used and why
2. The name of each contestant is written on a separate card, the cards are placed in a bag, and three names are picked from the bag. Identify which type of sampling is used and why
3. An education expert is researching teaching methods and wishes to interview teachers from a particular school district. She randomly selects ten schools from the district and interviews all of the teachers at the selected schools. Does this sampling plan result in a random sample? Simple random sample? Explain.
4. A polling company obtains an alphabetical list of names of voters in a precinct. They select every 20th person from the list until a sample of 100 is obtained. They then call these 100 people. Does this sampling plan result in a random sample? Simple random sample? Explain.
5. The personnel manager at a company wants to investigate job satisfaction among the female employees. One evening after a meeting she talks to all 30 female employees who attended the meeting. Does this sampling plan result in a random sample? Simple random sample? Explain
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more