Purpose of this assessment:
• To create and analyse an oral language learning experience with a child or small group of children
For the purpose of this assessment task you will need to work with a child primary school age about 5 years.
The learning experience will be reading a story to the child/children and then conducting an oral language activity. The story to use is ‘Who sank the boat’ by Pamela Allen
Your report needs to include a concise introduction and conclusion and clear headings for each section.
Outline the focus of your report; give the reader a preview of what your report will be about. Include a concise thesis statement.100 words
Selecting a Text:
• Year level choosen is Kindergarten and book is ‘Who Sank the Boat’ by Pamela Allen
• State the First Steps Speaking and Listening Phase for which this text would be appropriate and briefly say why.
Briefly justify your choice of text, including references to the readings. 300 words
Reading aloud to children:
• Prepare for the reading by practising reading aloud beforehand, using relevant facial and vocal expressions and an appropriate reading pace. Prepare a list of questions related to the text that you might ask the children. These may be related to the cover of the text, a prediction about the story, or questions you might ask during (careful not to interrupt the flow of the story too much) or at end of the story.
• Read the book to a small group of children. Record your reading to listen to it later.
Provide a personal reflection on reading aloud activity. 300 words (First person)
Write a Lesson Plan and implement the activity:
• Consider the text you have selected and how an activity could be used to develop oral language using the story as a starting point.
• Select a First Steps activity from this list:
o Oral retell
o What comes next?
o Barrier Game
o Mystery bag
• Using the supplied lesson plan attached, create a 30 minute lesson plan to include a re-reading of the story to the children and the learning activity.
• Record the activity so that you can refer back to it when analysing (visual or audio) Lesson plan (no more than two pages) using the plan provided
• Select a short section of the transcript from the activity (no longer than 10 ‘turns’ (total) from student and teacher.
• Transcribe this using the format provided (an example of this transcript is included) Transcription – using the format provided
Analysing the activity:
From the transcription:
• Analyse the interaction for the following features:
o Planned and unplanned speech
o Functions or Language used
o Field, Tenor and Mode
• Reflect on the teaching considerations required to complete the activity, such as:
o What has this activity taught me about incidences of diversity/difference?
o Suitability of the lesson content and activity to the age and developmental level of the child
o Adherence to the lesson plan and reasons for any changes 400 word analysis and 500 word reflection
• Summarise and highlight the significant elements of the task. 100 words
Please submit this assessment as ONE word document only
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more